Fall is now in full swing in the Midland, Bay City and Saginaw area. The temperatures are getting cooler, the leaves are turning and falling, the days are getting shorter and there’s a general sense that the season is winding down and that winter is not too far off.
However, there is still A LOT that you can do for your landscape, besides just raking your leaves.
Here’s a list of some landscape practices that are best done in the late fall that will make your yard better than ever in 2014:
- NOW is a great time to evaluate your landscape and develop a maintenance program for 2014.
- NOW is a great time for pruning your ornamental trees (crabapples, hawthorns, cherry trees, etc.) to improve airflow, control size, and to remove weak or crossing branches.
- NOW is a great time for pruning your ornamental and flowering shrubs for thinning and size reduction.
- NOW is a great time to be cutting down your perennials and cleaning out your planting beds.
- NOW is a great time to plant deciduous trees.
- NOW is a great time to apply your last application of “winterizer” fertilizer to your lawn.
- NOW is a great time to fertilize your trees and shrubs.
- NOW is a great time to meet with one of our landscape designers to get a head start on your landscape or patio project and get priority scheduling for 2014.
- NOW is a great time to have your sprinkler system winterized for optimum performance next spring AND to protect it from freeze damage!
So give us a call and let Reder Landscaping help you make the most of this great time of year for your landscape!